Here´s some people knocking around in Plaza de Armas in Nasca around sunset, plus a photo of one of the many symbols the Nasca people etched in the desert around 1200 years ago, taken from a very small plane just before the photographer defied medical science by coming out in hot and cold sweats simultaneously.


Here´s the scene that greeted me on arrival in downtown Cusco. From what I could figure out it was a parade of children from local special schools designed to raise awareness of special needs. The writing on the float at the end says something like "I am a person who wants the same things as you do". It was a pretty joyous affair, the kids were great, dancing up the street dressed up to the nines. And the music was off the hook! Something similar happened when i got to the spectacular Plaza de Armas in Lima, a big colonial square that´s a UNESCO World Heritage site. The changing of the guard at the Palacio de Gobierno (Pizarro´s old gaff, all republicified after independence) was in progress, and a brass section was belting out the kind of number that says " you´re in Latin America now, Paddy". "Don´t I know it", says I.
Here´s the scene that greeted me on arrival in downtown Cusco. From what I could figure out it was a parade of children from local special schools designed to raise awareness of special needs. The writing on the float at the end says something like "I am a person who wants the same things as you do". It was a pretty joyous affair, the kids were great, dancing up the street dressed up to the nines. And the music was off the hook! Something similar happened when i got to the spectacular Plaza de Armas in Lima, a big colonial square that´s a UNESCO World Heritage site. The changing of the guard at the Palacio de Gobierno (Pizarro´s old gaff, all republicified after independence) was in progress, and a brass section was belting out the kind of number that says " you´re in Latin America now, Paddy". "Don´t I know it", says I.
No comments:
Post a Comment