Spent the early part of the day driving around wine and pisco (grape brandy) bodegas with my guide Walter, who told me over lunch that he got the snip after his wife had their second daughter because that was "sufficiente". Hard to argue with that, in any language. Ran into a group of teenagers from the central highlands in an old artisan bodega run by descendants of the liberator Simon Bolivar. I must have looked odd to them, they were well up for getting their picture taken with me. Here´s me with one of my new friends and a bust of a Peruvian general.
After tasting wine and pisco for half day, I was definitely more relaxed as Walter dropped me to the bus station to head to Nazca (not before signing me up for a flight over the Nasca lines with his mate though). I´ve enjoyed every time I´ve been done though, and I´ve never been done for more than a few euros, unlike an aussie guy I just met who confused 15 with 50 and spent a week´s budget on a taxi ride. Oucho! It does have to stop though.
Getting good mileage out of my limited spanish, particularly my one past tense and one future tense. "I have done" and "I am going to do" lots of stuff, but "I did" or "I will do" nothing. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.
No comments:
Post a Comment